If you want to study at the Jesuit University Ignatianum in Krakow (PL KRAKOW19) as an exchange student within the Erasmus+ Programme, please read carefully the following information:
Make yourself familiar with the list of courses in foreign languages, offered at our university. Current list for each academic year is published under the following link: http://www.ignatianum.edu.pl/iro/education-offer.
Make sure your home university has a valid bilateral agreement (e.g. under the Erasmus+ Programme) with our university. Apply through your home institution in the academic year before you wish to study at Ignatianum. Every institution has its own procedures so please check it with your International Office.
Upon a successful application, your Coordinator/International Office informs us about your nomination by email to email@example.com (the nomination deadlines are mentioned in the bilateral agreement between your university and Ignatianum). Nomination should include:
1. Student's complete name
2. Date of birth
4. E-mail address
5. Semester of exchange (autumn semester, spring semester or full academic year)
6. Current study field and cycle of studies at home university
We do not accept applications from students who have not been officially nominated by their home university.
Our IRO acknowledges the receipt of your nomination. The acknowledgement does not guarantee acceptance from our university. You are required to apply according to the following procedure.
Apply to us by sending the necessary documents (BOTH BY EMAIL AND REGULAR POST - the date on the post office stamp matters) within the following terms:
Autumn semester and full academic year
1 May - 15 June
1 November - 30 November
Documents to be send:
3. Photocopy of language competence proof - scan by email, photocopy/ original by post
5. Photocopy of your valid passport or valid ID card (only EU students)- scan by email, photocopy by post
6. 1 passport size photo for your student's ID (paper form - 45 mm x 35 mm size) - by post (students who will not send a proper photo will receive their student's IDs with a delay)
(Fact sheet - contains all the necessary information about Ignatianum within the Erasmus+ Programme for filling in the above documents)
Please, make sure that the documents are fully and correctly filled in and the scans are in good quality. We do not accept photos of documents.
Where to send the documents?
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (We kindly ask you to name all files in a standard way YOURNAME_SEMESTER_ACADEMIC YEAR_ DOCUMENT TITLE)
International Relations Office
Jesuit University Ignatianum in Krakow
Kopernika 26, 31-501 Krakow
After receiving all documents, an official Letter of Acceptance is issued and sent to you as well as your home university by email.
Before your arrival
Upon your arrival
At the beginning of each semester (check our academic calendar for exact dates: http://www.ignatianum.edu.pl/iro/academic-calendar) IRO organizes two 'Welcome days'. Welcome days attendance is obligatory!
On the first day of 'Welcome days' (first day of mobility), an organizational meeting is held at the University which includes:
You must bring with you: a valid passport or ID (for EU students) and a photocopy of European Health Insurance Card or another kind of health insurance valid for the whole period of study exchange period. After the presentation, you will receive a confirmation of enrollment (if required by your home university) and you will be provided with your Polish student's ID.
On the second day of 'Welcome days', you have the chance to integrate with each other by taking part in some interesting integration activities organized by IRO and the Mentors.
During your stay
Participation in classes is obligatory and yout attendance is checked by the teachers. Therefore, you are obliged to attend all classes that you have chosen in the Learning Agreement. In case of more than 2 unjustified absences at a class you will not be allowed to take the exam and will not be awarded credits for the course.
Changes to LA
Changes to LA should be done within the first two weeks of your stay. If you want to change your Learning Agreement you should:
- Attend all subjects you are considering for your program during the first week of the semester
- Consult with your academic coordinator in order to get a final decision
- Fill in electronically the second part of the LA document, called During the mobility (you may use the form provided by your home university or download this form)
- Send the document to IRO by email
- Come by the office to sign it
- Wait for the document to be signed by the responsible Faculty academic coordinator
- Send a scanned copy of the document to your coordinator for signature
Please remember: you have only 14 days to change your study program.
Prolongation of your stay
Students who were nominated to study at our University only for the autumn semester have the possibility to prolong their stay for the spring semester. Procedure for prolongation:
1. Ask your home University about the available possibilities.
2. Inform Ignatianum IRO about your willingness to prolong your stay and send a draft version of a new Learning Agreement for the spring semester (ask your home University coordinator which form to apply) till 14th of January 2019 (strict deadline!).
3. Depends on the Universities’ procedures IR offices exchange information about the student’s prolongation.
4. Bring to Ignatianum IRO your final Learning Agreement for the new semester accepted by all three parts (student, home and host University) till 1st of February 2019 (strict deadline!).
At the end of your stay
Polish Language (concerns students who do not speak Polish)
If you were successfully accepted for an Erasmus exchange period at our university and are given the opportunity, by your home university, to attend an OLS course, you are highly encouraged to choose the local language option. In this way, you will be able to get familiar with some basics of the Polish language and make your beginning in Poland easier.
Furthermore, the Ignatianum Foreign Languages Centre organizes for all the incoming exchange students a seperate Polish Language Course for beginners, which awards them with 2 ECTS and a certificate of attendance, provided they regularly attended and succesfully passed a final evaluation test. The course is semestral. In order to subscribe to the course, please fill in the relevant bracket in the Student's application form.
W ramach naszej witryny stosujemy pliki cookies w celu świadczenia Państwu usług na najwyższym poziomie, w tym w sposób dostosowany do indywidualnych potrzeb. Korzystanie z witryny bez zmiany ustawień dotyczących cookies oznacza, że będą one zamieszczane w Państwa urządzeniu końcowym. Mogą Państwo dokonać w każdym czasie zmiany ustawień dotyczących cookies. Więcej szczegółów w naszej polityce prywatności.