OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: Polish
CURRENCY: złoty, PLN
LOCATION: Central Europe. Poland borders: Germany, Czechia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania and Russia. Its northern border runs along the Baltic Sea coast.
CAPITAL: Warszawa (Warsaw)
MAJOR CITIES: Kraków, Łódź, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk, Szczecin, Bydgoszcz, Lublin, Katowice, Białystok
POPULATION: 38 milion
TIME ZONE: Poland belongs to the Central Europe time zone (GMT +1 hour/UTC + 1 hour); between the last Sunday of March and the last Sunday of October it switches to daylight saving time (DST).
CALLING CODE: +48
- Student city - with 21 higher educational institutions
- Second largest city in Poland, almost 1 million inhabitants, including about 200 thousand students
- Affordable to live in
- Numerous cultural and student annually events
- Cultural capital of Poland with more than 30 museums
- UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Delicious traditional food