Student may consider buying a monthly personal ticket - network (pl bilet miesięczny imienny – sieciowy) which cost 74 PLN. In order to do this you need to have a valid Polish Student ID or an ISIC Card (International Student Identity Card). We recommend you contact your Mentor to ask him/her for help. The tickets can be bought in the ticket points (pl: Punkt sprzedaży biletów).
Ticket points located close to the city centre:
- 3/5 Podwale str.
- pętla autobusowa MPK przy Dworcu Głównym Wschód (next to the Galeria Krakowska)
At the end of your mobility, if it occurs that you still have unused time on your ticket (e.g. the expiry date of your ticket is on 30th June and you leave Krakow on 10th June), go to the ticket point to ask for refund for unused time on your ticket.
- Bike - it is also a popular way to move around the city. You can search for a place to rent a bike or buy one yourself. There are students who get rid of their bikes because they finish their studies and you can buy it at a lower price. You can search for it in the Internet (www.olx.pl; www.gumtree.pl; www.allegro.pl) or on Facebook groups.
- Regional Railways "Koleje Małopolskie"
It is a good option to travel to/from Wieliczka Salt Mine or Krakow Airport.
- Krakow Bus station MDA (pl Dworzec Autobusowy MDA)
address: 18 Bosacka str
- Kraków Główny Railway Station (pl Dworzec Kolejowy Kraków Główny)
address: 5a Pawia str, 31-154 Krakow
- Airport of John Paul II International Airport Krakow-Balice (pl Międzynarodowy Port Lotniczy im. Jana Pawła II Kraków-Balice)
address: 1 Medweckiego str, 32-083 Balice
How to get to/from the airport? Check here
Other Polish airports which provide both domestic and international flights:
- Katowice Airport
- Wroclaw Airport
- Warsaw Chopin Airport
- Warsaw Modlin Airport
- Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport
- Poznań Airport
- Łódź Airport